Definition of 'higher education'
Example sentences containing 'higher education'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
`You Tawnies don't believe much in higher education, do you? THE ANCIENT AND SOLITARY REIGN (1993)`You know you'll have to leave as soon as a place is found for your higher education. THE ANCIENT AND SOLITARY REIGN (1993)She wanted a higher education, but in her territory there were no owls left to teach her anything. THE ANCIENT AND SOLITARY REIGN (1993)
Trends of 'higher education'
In Common Usage. higher education is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'higher education'
British English: higher education /ˈhaɪə ˌɛdʒʊˈkeɪʃən/ NOUN
Higher education is education at universities and colleges.
...students in higher education.
- American English: higher education
- Arabic: تَعْلِيمٌ عَالٍ
- Brazilian Portuguese: ensino superior
- Chinese: 高等教育
- Croatian: visoko obrazovanje
- Czech: vysokoškolské vzdělání
- Danish: højere uddannelse
- Dutch: hoger onderwijs
- European Spanish: enseñanza superior
- Finnish: korkeakouluopetus
- French: enseignement supérieur
- German: Hochschulbildung
- Greek: ανώτερη εκπαίδευση
- Italian: istruzione superiore
- Japanese: 高等教育
- Korean: 고등교육
- Norwegian: høyere utdanning
- Polish: wyższe wykształcenie
- European Portuguese: ensino superior
- Romanian: educație superioară
- Russian: высшее образование
- Spanish: enseñanza superior
- Swedish: högre utbildning
- Thai: การศึกษาระดับสูง
- Turkish: yüksek eğitim
- Ukrainian: вища освіта
- Vietnamese: giáo dục đại học
Nearby words of 'higher education'
Definition of higher education from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.