Definition of 'higher education'
Example sentences containing 'higher education'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
`You Tawnies don't believe much in higher education, do you? THE ANCIENT AND SOLITARY REIGN (1993)`You know you'll have to leave as soon as a place is found for your higher education. THE ANCIENT AND SOLITARY REIGN (1993)She wanted a higher education, but in her territory there were no owls left to teach her anything. THE ANCIENT AND SOLITARY REIGN (1993)
Paco offered that as though somehow higher education was the surest guarantee of a man's social acceptability. BLACK EAGLES (1993)
Trends of 'higher education'
In Common Usage. higher education is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'higher education'
British English: higher education /ˈhaɪə ˌɛdʒʊˈkeɪʃən/ NOUN
Higher education is education at universities and colleges.
...students in higher education.
- American English: higher education
- Arabic: تَعْلِيمٌ عَالٍ
- Brazilian Portuguese: ensino superior
- Chinese: 高等教育
- Croatian: visoko obrazovanje
- Czech: vysokoškolské vzdělání
- Danish: højere uddannelse
- Dutch: hoger onderwijs
- European Spanish: enseñanza superior
- Finnish: korkeakouluopetus
- French: enseignement supérieur
- German: Hochschulbildung
- Greek: ανώτερη εκπαίδευση
- Italian: istruzione superiore
- Japanese: 高等教育
- Korean: 고등교육
- Norwegian: høyere utdanning
- Polish: wyższe wykształcenie
- European Portuguese: ensino superior
- Romanian: educație superioară
- Russian: высшее образование
- Spanish: enseñanza superior
- Swedish: högre utbildning
- Thai: การศึกษาระดับสูง
- Turkish: yüksek eğitim
- Ukrainian: вища освіта
- Vietnamese: giáo dục đại học
Nearby words of 'higher education'
Definition of higher education from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.