Definition of 'hill walking'
Trends of 'hill walking'
Used Rarely. hill walking is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'hill walking'
British English: hill-walking /ˈhɪlˌwɔːkɪŋ/ NOUN
Hill-walking is the activity of walking through hilly country for pleasure.
- American English: hiking
- Arabic: التَنَزُّهُ بَيـنَ الـمُرتَفَعَاتِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: caminhada em morro
- Chinese: 山地行走
- Croatian: šetanje po brdima
- Czech: chození po horách
- Danish: fjeldvandring
- Dutch: bergwandelen
- European Spanish: senderismo
- Finnish: mäkikävely
- French: randonnée en basse montagne
- German: Bergwandern
- Greek: πεζοπορία σε λόφο
- Italian: passeggiata in collina
- Japanese: ヒルウォーキング
- Korean: 언덕 산책
- Norwegian: fjelltur
- Polish: wędrówka górska
- European Portuguese: caminhada nas montanhas
- Romanian: drumeție pe dealuri
- Russian: горный поход
- Spanish: senderismo
- Swedish: bergsvandring
- Thai: การเดินเขา
- Turkish: tepelere tırmanma
- Ukrainian: прогулянка пагорбами
- Vietnamese: đi bộ lên đồi
Definition of hill walking from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.