Definition of 'HIV positive'
Trends of 'HIV positive'
Used Occasionally. HIV-positive is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'HIV positive'
British English: HIV-positive /eɪtʃ aɪ viː ˈpɒzɪtɪv/ ADJECTIVE
If someone is HIV-positive, they are infected with the HIV virus, which reduces the ability of people's bodies to fight illness, and they may develop AIDS.
Some people who are HIV-positive develop AIDS more slowly than others.
- American English: HIV-positive
- Arabic: إِصَابَةٌ بِالإِيدزِ- إِيجَابِيَّةٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: HIV positivo
- Chinese: HIV阳性的
- Croatian: HIV pozitivan
- Czech: HIV pozitivní
- Danish: HIV-positiv
- Dutch: hiv-positief
- European Spanish: VIH positivo
- Finnish: HIV-positiivinen
- French: séropositif
- German: HIV-positiv
- Greek: οροθετικός
- Italian: sieropositivo
- Japanese: HIV陽性の
- Korean: HIV 양성의
- Norwegian: HIV-positiv
- Polish: HIV-pozytywny
- European Portuguese: seropositivo
- Romanian: infectat cu HIV
- Russian: с положительным анализом на ВИЧ
- Spanish: VIH positivo
- Swedish: HIV-positiv
- Thai: มีเชื้อไวรัสที่ทำให้เกิดโรคเอดส์
- Turkish: HIV’li
- Ukrainian: з позитивною реакцією на ВІЛ
- Vietnamese: HIV-dương tính
Definition of HIV positive from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.