Definition of 'holiday job'
Trends of 'holiday job'
Used Rarely. holiday job is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'holiday job'
British English: holiday job /ˈhɒlɪˌdeɪ dʒɒb/ NOUN
A holiday job is a temporary job that a person takes during their holidays from school, college, or university.
- American English: vacation job
- Arabic: وَظِيفَةٌ فِي فَترَةِ الإِجَازَةِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: trabalho de férias
- Chinese: 假期短工
- Croatian: sezonski posao
- Czech: brigáda prázdninová
- Danish: feriejob
- Dutch: vakantiewerk
- European Spanish: empleo de verano
- Finnish: kesätyö
- French: petit boulot
- German: Ferienjob
- Greek: δουλειά για τις διακοπές
- Italian: lavoro estivo
- Japanese: 休日の仕事
- Korean: 방학 중 아르바이트
- Norwegian: feriejobb
- Polish: praca wakacyjna
- European Portuguese: trabalho de férias
- Romanian: slujbă sezonieră
- Russian: работа на время каникул
- Spanish: empleo de verano
- Swedish: sommarjobb
- Thai: งานในช่วงวันหยุดเรียน
- Turkish: yazlık iş
- Ukrainian: тимчасова робота
- Vietnamese: việc làm trong kỳ nghỉ hè
Definition of holiday job from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.