3. anything like frozen water in appearance, structure, etc.
6. Slang a diamond or diamonds
verb transitiveWord forms: iced or ˈicing
8. to change into ice; freeze
9. to cover with ice; apply ice to
11. to cover (cake, etc.) with icing
12. Us, Slang to kill
14. to freezeoften with up or over
Webster’s New World College Dictionary, Fourth Edition, compiled by the
editors of Webster’s New World Dictionaries. Copyright © 2010 by Houghton
Mifflin Harcourt. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
Word origin of 'ice'ME is < OE īs, akin to Ger eis (OHG īs), Dan is, ON iss < IE base *eis, *ein- > Avestan isu-, icy, OSlav inej, snow flurry