Definition of 'ID card'
Example sentences containing 'ID card'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
He activated the door with the ID card then stood aside to let her pass. ALASTAIR MCLEAN'S 'NIGHT WATCH'He moved to the lift and inserted the ID card into the slot to open the door. ALASTAIR MCLEAN'S 'NIGHT WATCH'Yvette stood up, went to her purse and took out an ID card. INSTRUMENTS OF DARKNESS (2002)
Trends of 'ID card'
Used Rarely. ID card is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'ID card'
British English: ID card /ˌaɪˈdiː kɑːd/ NOUN
An ID card is a card with a person's name, photograph, date of birth, and other information on it.
You have to carry an ID card.
- American English: ID card
- Arabic: بِطَاقَةٌ شَخْصِيَّةٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: carteira de identidade
- Chinese: 身份证
- Croatian: osobna iskaznica
- Czech: občanský průkaz
- Danish: ID-kort
- Dutch: ID-kaart
- European Spanish: carné de identidad
- Finnish: henkilöllisyystodistus
- French: carte d’identité
- German: Personalausweis
- Greek: δελτίο ταυτότητας
- Italian: carta d’identità
- Japanese: 身分証明書
- Korean: 신분증
- Norwegian: ID-kort
- Polish: dowód osobisty
- European Portuguese: bilhete de identidade
- Romanian: carte de identitate
- Russian: удостоверение личности
- Spanish: documento de identidad
- Swedish: id-kort
- Thai: บัตรประจำตัวประชาชน
- Turkish: kimlik kartı
- Ukrainian: посвідчення особи
- Vietnamese: thẻ căn cước
Definition of ID card from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.