Definition of 'infant school'
Trends of 'infant school'
Used Occasionally. infant school is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'infant school'
British English: infant school /ˈɪnfənt skuːl/ NOUN
An infant school is a school for children between the ages of five and seven.
- American English: kindergarten
- Arabic: مَدرَسَةٌ لِلأَطْفَالِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: escola para crianças de 4 a 7 anos
- Chinese: 幼儿学校
- Croatian: mala škola
- Czech: první stupeň základní školy
- Danish: børnehaveklasse
- Dutch: kleuterschool
- European Spanish: escuela de primera etapa de primaria
- Finnish: esikoulu
- French: maternelle
- German: Grundschule
- Greek: νηπιαγωγείο
- Italian: scuola materna
- Japanese: 幼稚園
- Korean: 유아학교
- Norwegian: førskole
- Polish: zerówka
- European Portuguese: jardim infantil
- Romanian: grădiniță
- Russian: подготовительное дошкольное учреждение
- Spanish: escuela de primera etapa de primaria
- Swedish: lågstadiet
- Thai: โรงเรียนเด็กเล็ก
- Turkish: ana okulu
- Ukrainian: дитячий садок
- Vietnamese: trường mẫu giáo
Definition of infant school from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Smarter tech can be a game-changer for those with different needs
Improving accessibility when banking is a key focus this year, here are some of ways tech is helping make managing money easier for everyone.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.