Definition of 'Jehovah's Witness'
Trends of 'Jehovah's Witness'
Used Rarely. Jehovah's Witness is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'Jehovah's Witness'
British English: Jehovah's Witness /dʒɪˈhəʊvəz ˈwɪtnəs/ NOUN
A Jehovah's Witness is a member of a religious organization which accepts some Christian ideas and believes that the world is going to end very soon.
- American English: Jehovah's Witness
- Arabic: طَائِفَةُ شُهُودُ يَهْوَهُ الـمَسِيحِيَّةُ
- Brazilian Portuguese: testemunha de Jeová
- Chinese: 耶和华见证会
- Croatian: Jehovin svjedok
- Czech: Svědkové Jehovovi
- Danish: Jehovas Vidner
- Dutch: Jehova's getuige
- European Spanish: testigo de Jehová
- Finnish: jehovan todistaja
- French: témoin de Jéhovah
- German: Zeugen Jehovas
- Greek: μάρτυρας του Ιεχωβά
- Italian: testimone di Geova
- Japanese: エホバの証人
- Korean: 여호와의 증인
- Norwegian: Jehovahs vitner
- Polish: Świadek Jehowy
- European Portuguese: testemunha de Jeová
- Romanian: martor al lui Iehova
- Russian: свидетель Иеговы
- Spanish: testigo de Jehová
- Swedish: Jehovas vittnen
- Thai: นิกายพยานพระยะโฮวา
- Turkish: Yehovanın Şahitleri
- Ukrainian: свідок Єгови
- Vietnamese: nhân chứng Jehovah
Definition of Jehovah's Witness from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.