Definition of 'job centre'
Example sentences containing 'job centre'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
She's just had a big battle with cancer and had to stop working at the job centre. Times, Sunday Times (2017)The burger chain has teamed up with job centres to offer work and training. The Sun (2009)Other measures last night unveiled by ministers include curbs on providing armies of interpreters in job centres for new immigrants. The Sun (2014)And when you go to the job centre for advice, they're not really helping you. Times, Sunday Times (2013)Meanwhile, the job centres are stopping people 's incomes with a sanction from one to three years. Times, Sunday Times (2015)Job Centres would refer people with drink problems for treatment under the scheme being considered by the Government. The Sun (2009)
Trends of 'job centre'
Used Rarely. job centre is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'job centre'
British English: job centre /dʒɒb ˈsɛntə/ NOUN
A job centre is a place where people who are looking for work can go to get advice on finding a job, and to look at advertisements placed by people who are looking for new employees.
- American English: employment office
- Arabic: مَرْكَزُ العَمْل
- Brazilian Portuguese: centro de empregos centro governamental
- Chinese: 职业介绍所
- Croatian: ured za zapošljavanje
- Czech: úřad práce
- Danish: arbejdsformidling
- Dutch: arbeidsbureau
- European Spanish: oficina de empleo
- Finnish: työvoimatoimisto
- French: Pôle Emploi
- German: Arbeitsamt
- Greek: γραφείο ευρέσεως εργασίας
- Italian: agenzia di collocamento
- Japanese: 公共職業安定所
- Korean: 구직 센터
- Norwegian: arbeidsformidling
- Polish: biuro pośrednictwa pracy
- European Portuguese: centro de emprego centro governamental
- Romanian: agenție de plasare a forței de muncă
- Russian: бюро по трудоустройству
- Spanish: oficina de empleo
- Swedish: arbetsförmedling
- Thai: หน่วยจัดหางาน
- Turkish: iş bulma kurumu
- Ukrainian: центр зайнятості
- Vietnamese: trung tâm giới thiệu việc làm
Definition of job centre from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.