Definition of 'learner driver'
Trends of 'learner driver'
Used Rarely. learner driver is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'learner driver'
British English: learner driver /ˈlɜːnə ˈdraɪvə/ NOUN
A learner driver is a person who is learning to drive a car.
- American English: student driver
- Arabic: سَائِقٌ مُبْتَدِئٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: motorista em aprendizado
- Chinese: 驾驶学员
- Croatian: vozač početnik
- Czech: žák autoškoly
- Danish: køreskoleelev
- Dutch: leerling-automobilist
- European Spanish: alumno de autoescuela
- Finnish: autokoulun oppilas
- French: apprenti conducteur
- German: Fahrschüler
- Greek: εκπαιδευόμενος οδηγός
- Italian: allievo di scuola guida
- Japanese: 仮免許運転者
- Korean: 임시면허 운전자
- Norwegian: kjøreelev
- Polish: uczący się kierowca
- European Portuguese: aprendiz de condução
- Romanian: persoană care învață să șofeze
- Russian: начинающий водитель
- Spanish: alumno de escuela de conducción
- Swedish: övningskörare
- Thai: นักเรียนเรียนขับรถ
- Turkish: öğrenci sürücü
- Ukrainian: той, хто вчиться керувати автомобілем
- Vietnamese: người học lái xe
Definition of learner driver from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.