Definition of 'left-hand drive'
Translations for 'left-hand drive'
British English: left-hand drive /ˈlɛftˌhænd draɪv/ NOUN
A left-hand drive is a vehicle which has the steering wheel on the left side, and is designed to be used in countries where people drive on the right-hand side of the road.
- American English: left-hand drive
- Arabic: سَيَّارَةٌ مِقْوَدُهَا عَلى الـجَانِبِ الأَيْسَرِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: direção do lado esquerdo
- Chinese: 左舵驾驶
- Croatian: vozilo s volanom na lijevoj strani
- Czech: levostranné řízení
- Danish: venstrestyret bil
- Dutch: auto met het stuur links
- European Spanish: circulación por la izquierda
- Finnish: vasemmanpuoleinen liikenne
- French: conduite à gauche
- German: Linkssteuerung
- Greek: οδήγηση από αριστερά
- Italian: guida a sinistra
- Japanese: 左側通行
- Korean: 왼쪽 핸들
- Norwegian: venstrekjøring
- Polish: ruch lewostronny
- European Portuguese: condução pela esquerda
- Romanian: mașină cu volan pe stânga
- Russian: машина с левосторонним управлением
- Spanish: circulación por la izquierda
- Swedish: vänsterstyrd
- Thai: รถที่มีพวงมาลัยซ้าย
- Turkish: soldan trafik
- Ukrainian: лівобічний рух
- Vietnamese: tay lái nghịch
Definition of left-hand drive from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.