Definition of 'magnifying glass'
Trends of 'magnifying glass'
Used Occasionally. magnifying glass is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'magnifying glass'
British English: magnifying glass /ˈmæɡnɪfaɪɪŋ ɡlɑːs/ NOUN
A magnifying glass is a piece of glass which makes objects appear bigger than they actually are.
- American English: magnifying glass
- Arabic: عَدَسَةٌ مُكَّبِرَةٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: lente de aumento
- Chinese: 放大镜
- Croatian: povećalo
- Czech: lupa
- Danish: forstørrelsesglas
- Dutch: vergrootglas
- European Spanish: lupa
- Finnish: suurennuslasi
- French: loupe
- German: Vergrößerungsglas
- Greek: μεγεθυντικός φακός
- Italian: lente d’ingrandimento
- Japanese: 拡大鏡
- Korean: 확대경
- Norwegian: forstørrelsesglass
- Polish: szkło powiększające
- European Portuguese: lupa
- Romanian: lupă
- Russian: увеличительное стекло
- Spanish: lupa
- Swedish: förstorningsglas
- Thai: แว่นขยาย
- Turkish: büyüteç
- Ukrainian: збільшувальне скло
- Vietnamese: kính lúp
Definition of magnifying glass from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Live well without sacrificing your quality of life
Now is the perfect time to start thinking ahead. Here’s how a busy family can take control of their financial future
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.