Definition of 'mailbox'
Trends of 'mailbox'
Used Occasionally. mailbox is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'mailbox'
British English: mailbox /ˈmeɪlˌbɒks/ NOUN
A mailbox is a box outside your house where letters are delivered.
The next day there was a letter in her mailbox.
- American English: mailbox
- Arabic: صُنْدَوقُ الْبَرِيدِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: caixa de correio
- Chinese: 邮筒
- Croatian: poštanski sandučić
- Czech: poštovní schránka
- Danish: postkasse
- Dutch: postbus
- European Spanish: buzón IngAmer
- Finnish: postilaatikko
- French: boîte aux lettres
- German: Briefkasten
- Greek: γραμματοκιβώτιο
- Italian: cassetta delle lettere
- Japanese: 郵便受
- Korean: 우체통
- Norwegian: postkasse
- Polish: skrzynka pocztowa
- European Portuguese: caixa de correio
- Romanian: cutie poștală
- Russian: почтовый ящик
- Spanish: buzón
- Swedish: brevlåda
- Thai: ตู้จดหมาย
- Turkish: posta kutusu
- Ukrainian: поштова скринька
- Vietnamese: hộp thư
Definition of mailbox from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.