1. having many and various forms, features, parts, etc.
⇒ manifold wisdom
2. of many sorts; many and varied; multifariousused with a plural noun
⇒ manifold duties
3. being such in many and various ways or for many reasons
⇒ a manifold villain
4. comprising, consisting of, or operating several units or parts of one kindsaid of certain devices
5. something that is manifold
7. to make manifold; multiply
8. to make more than one copy of
⇒ to manifold a letter with carbon paper
Webster’s New World College Dictionary, Fourth Edition, compiled by the
editors of Webster’s New World Dictionaries. Copyright © 2010 by Houghton
Mifflin Harcourt. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.