Definition of 'marital status'
Trends of 'marital status'
Used Occasionally. marital status is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'marital status'
British English: marital status /ˈmærɪtl ˈsteɪtəs/ NOUN
Your marital status is whether you are married, single, or divorced.
...a change in marital status.
- American English: marital status
- Arabic: الـحَالَةُ الزَوْجِيّةِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: estado civil
- Chinese: 婚姻状况
- Croatian: bračni status
- Czech: rodinný stav
- Danish: ægteskabelig status
- Dutch: echtelijke staat
- European Spanish: estado civil
- Finnish: siviilisääty
- French: situation de famille
- German: Familienstand
- Greek: οικογενειακή κατάσταση
- Italian: stato civile
- Japanese: 婚姻関係の有無
- Korean: 결혼 상황
- Norwegian: sivilstand
- Polish: stan cywilny
- European Portuguese: estado civil
- Romanian: stare civilă
- Russian: семейное положение
- Spanish: estado civil
- Swedish: civilstånd
- Thai: สถานภาพสมรส
- Turkish: medeni hal
- Ukrainian: сімейний стан
- Vietnamese: tình trạng hôn nhân
Definition of marital status from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.