Definition of 'marriage certificate'
Example sentences containing 'marriage certificate'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
None of them could very well argue with a marriage certificate ! NOBLE BEGINNNINGSI opened out their marriage certificate to see the date of their wedding; it was seven months before Sara was born. A ROOMFUL OF BIRDS - SCOTTISH SHORT STORIES 1990This was written, with the date, on the back of it where their marriage certificate was attached. A ROOMFUL OF BIRDS - SCOTTISH SHORT STORIES 1990
Trends of 'marriage certificate'
Used Rarely. marriage certificate is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'marriage certificate'
British English: marriage certificate /ˈmærɪdʒ səˈtɪfɪkət/ NOUN
A marriage certificate is a legal document that proves two people are married.
- American English: marriage certificate
- Arabic: عَقْدُ الْزَوَاجِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: certidão de casamento
- Chinese: 结婚证书
- Croatian: vjenčani list
- Czech: oddací list
- Danish: vielsesattest
- Dutch: huwelijksakte
- European Spanish: certificado de matrimonio
- Finnish: avioliittotodistus
- French: acte de mariage
- German: Heiratsurkunde
- Greek: πιστοποιητικό γάμου
- Italian: certificato di matrimonio
- Japanese: 結婚証明書
- Korean: 결혼 증명서
- Norwegian: vielsesattest
- Polish: akt małżeństwa
- European Portuguese: certidão de casamento
- Romanian: certificat de căsătorie
- Russian: свидетельство о браке
- Spanish: certificado de matrimonio
- Swedish: vigselbevis
- Thai: ใบทะเบียนสมรส
- Turkish: evlilik cüzdanı
- Ukrainian: свідоцтво про шлюб
- Vietnamese: giấy đăng ký kết hôn
Definition of marriage certificate from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.