Definition of 'maternity hospital'
Translations for 'maternity hospital'
British English: maternity hospital /məˈtɜːnɪtɪ ˈhɒspɪtəl/ NOUN
A maternity hospital is a hospital that provides help and medical care to women when they are pregnant and when they give birth.
- American English: maternity hospital
- Arabic: مُسْتَشْفَى الْوِلَادَةِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: maternidade
- Chinese: 妇产科医院
- Croatian: rodilište
- Czech: porodnice
- Danish: fødeklinik
- Dutch: kraamkliniek
- European Spanish: maternidad
- Finnish: synnytyssairaala
- French: maternité
- German: Entbindungsklinik
- Greek: μαιευτήριο
- Italian: maternità
- Japanese: 産科病院
- Korean: 산과병원
- Norwegian: fødeavdeling
- Polish: szpital położniczy
- European Portuguese: maternidade
- Romanian: maternitate
- Russian: родильный дом
- Spanish: maternidad
- Swedish: BB
- Thai: โรงพยาบาลแม่และเด็ก
- Turkish: doğum hastanesi
- Ukrainian: пологовий будинок
- Vietnamese: nhà hộ sinh
Definition of maternity hospital from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.