Definition of 'maternity hospital'
Translations for 'maternity hospital'
British English: maternity hospital /məˈtɜːnɪtɪ ˈhɒspɪtəl/ NOUN
A maternity hospital is a hospital that provides help and medical care to women when they are pregnant and when they give birth.
- American English: maternity hospital
- Arabic: مُسْتَشْفَى الْوِلَادَةِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: maternidade
- Chinese: 妇产科医院
- Croatian: rodilište
- Czech: porodnice
- Danish: fødeklinik
- Dutch: kraamkliniek
- European Spanish: maternidad
- Finnish: synnytyssairaala
- French: maternité
- German: Entbindungsklinik
- Greek: μαιευτήριο
- Italian: maternità
- Japanese: 産科病院
- Korean: 산과병원
- Norwegian: fødeavdeling
- Polish: szpital położniczy
- European Portuguese: maternidade
- Romanian: maternitate
- Russian: родильный дом
- Spanish: maternidad
- Swedish: BB
- Thai: โรงพยาบาลแม่และเด็ก
- Turkish: doğum hastanesi
- Ukrainian: пологовий будинок
- Vietnamese: nhà hộ sinh
Definition of maternity hospital from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.