Definition of 'mental hospital'
Translations for 'mental hospital'
British English: mental hospital /ˈmɛntl ˈhɒspɪtl/ NOUN
A mental hospital is a hospital for people who are suffering from mental illness.
- American English: mental hospital
- Arabic: مُسْتَشْفَى الْأَمْرَاضِ الْعَقْلِيَةِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: manicômio
- Chinese: 精神病院
- Croatian: umobolnica
- Czech: psychiatrická léčebna
- Danish: sindssygehospital
- Dutch: psychiatrische inrichting
- European Spanish: hospital psiquiátrico
- Finnish: mielisairaala
- French: hôpital psychiatrique
- German: Nervenklinik
- Greek: ψυχιατρικό νοσοκομείο
- Italian: ospedale psichiatrico
- Japanese: 精神病院
- Korean: 정신 병원
- Norwegian: mentalsykehus
- Polish: szpital psychiatryczny
- European Portuguese: manicómio
- Romanian: spital de boli psihice
- Russian: психиатрическая больница
- Spanish: hospital psiquiátrico
- Swedish: mentalsjukhus
- Thai: โรงพยาบาลโรคจิต
- Turkish: akıl hastanesi
- Ukrainian: психіатрична клініка
- Vietnamese: nhà thương điên
Definition of mental hospital from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.