Definition of 'mental hospital'
Translations for 'mental hospital'
British English: mental hospital /ˈmɛntl ˈhɒspɪtl/ NOUN
A mental hospital is a hospital for people who are suffering from mental illness.
- American English: mental hospital
- Arabic: مُسْتَشْفَى الْأَمْرَاضِ الْعَقْلِيَةِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: manicômio
- Chinese: 精神病院
- Croatian: umobolnica
- Czech: psychiatrická léčebna
- Danish: sindssygehospital
- Dutch: psychiatrische inrichting
- European Spanish: hospital psiquiátrico
- Finnish: mielisairaala
- French: hôpital psychiatrique
- German: Nervenklinik
- Greek: ψυχιατρικό νοσοκομείο
- Italian: ospedale psichiatrico
- Japanese: 精神病院
- Korean: 정신 병원
- Norwegian: mentalsykehus
- Polish: szpital psychiatryczny
- European Portuguese: manicómio
- Romanian: spital de boli psihice
- Russian: психиатрическая больница
- Spanish: hospital psiquiátrico
- Swedish: mentalsjukhus
- Thai: โรงพยาบาลโรคจิต
- Turkish: akıl hastanesi
- Ukrainian: психіатрична клініка
- Vietnamese: nhà thương điên
Definition of mental hospital from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.