Definition of 'mental hospital'
Translations for 'mental hospital'
British English: mental hospital /ˈmɛntl ˈhɒspɪtl/ NOUN
A mental hospital is a hospital for people who are suffering from mental illness.
- American English: mental hospital
- Arabic: مُسْتَشْفَى الْأَمْرَاضِ الْعَقْلِيَةِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: manicômio
- Chinese: 精神病院
- Croatian: umobolnica
- Czech: psychiatrická léčebna
- Danish: sindssygehospital
- Dutch: psychiatrische inrichting
- European Spanish: hospital psiquiátrico
- Finnish: mielisairaala
- French: hôpital psychiatrique
- German: Nervenklinik
- Greek: ψυχιατρικό νοσοκομείο
- Italian: ospedale psichiatrico
- Japanese: 精神病院
- Korean: 정신 병원
- Norwegian: mentalsykehus
- Polish: szpital psychiatryczny
- European Portuguese: manicómio
- Romanian: spital de boli psihice
- Russian: психиатрическая больница
- Spanish: hospital psiquiátrico
- Swedish: mentalsjukhus
- Thai: โรงพยาบาลโรคจิต
- Turkish: akıl hastanesi
- Ukrainian: психіатрична клініка
- Vietnamese: nhà thương điên
Definition of mental hospital from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.