Definition of 'mod cons'
Example sentences containing 'mod cons'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Took your coal house and the outside lav and converted them into all mod cons. MR STARLIGHT (2004)I have only a minimum of so-called mod cons, the bedroom's full of rubble, the roof leaks and it's very damp and cold. MIDNIGHT IS A LONELY PLACE (2004)
Trends of 'mod cons'
Used Rarely. mod cons is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'mod cons'
British English: mod cons /mɒd kɒnz/ NOUN
Mod cons are the modern facilities in a house that make it easy and pleasant to live in.
The house is spacious with all mod cons, handy for the station and has a garden.
- American English: modern conveniences
- Arabic: وَسَائِلُ الْرَاحَةِ الـْحَدِيثَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: comodidades
- Chinese: 现代化生活设备
- Croatian: moderni uređaji
- Czech: moderní vymoženosti
- Danish: moderne faciliteter
- Dutch: moderne voorzieningen
- European Spanish: últimos adelantos
- Finnish: nykyajan mukavuudet
- French: confort moderne
- German: mit allem Komfort
- Greek: σύγχρονες ανέσεις
- Italian: comfort moderni
- Japanese: 最新設備
- Korean: 최신 설비
- Norwegian: moderne bekvemmeligheter
- Polish: współczesne konwencje
- European Portuguese: comodidades
- Romanian: dotări moderne
- Russian: современные удобства
- Spanish: últimos adelantos
- Swedish: moderna bekvämligheter
- Thai: ความสะดวกสบายสมัยใหม่
- Turkish: konfor ve rahatlık
- Ukrainian: усі вигоди
- Vietnamese: tiện nghi hiện đại
Definition of mod cons from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.