Definition of 'mod cons'
Example sentences containing 'mod cons'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Took your coal house and the outside lav and converted them into all mod cons. MR STARLIGHT (2004)I have only a minimum of so-called mod cons, the bedroom's full of rubble, the roof leaks and it's very damp and cold. MIDNIGHT IS A LONELY PLACE (2004)
Trends of 'mod cons'
Used Rarely. mod cons is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'mod cons'
British English: mod cons /mɒd kɒnz/ NOUN
Mod cons are the modern facilities in a house that make it easy and pleasant to live in.
The house is spacious with all mod cons, handy for the station and has a garden.
- American English: modern conveniences
- Arabic: وَسَائِلُ الْرَاحَةِ الـْحَدِيثَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: comodidades
- Chinese: 现代化生活设备
- Croatian: moderni uređaji
- Czech: moderní vymoženosti
- Danish: moderne faciliteter
- Dutch: moderne voorzieningen
- European Spanish: últimos adelantos
- Finnish: nykyajan mukavuudet
- French: confort moderne
- German: mit allem Komfort
- Greek: σύγχρονες ανέσεις
- Italian: comfort moderni
- Japanese: 最新設備
- Korean: 최신 설비
- Norwegian: moderne bekvemmeligheter
- Polish: współczesne konwencje
- European Portuguese: comodidades
- Romanian: dotări moderne
- Russian: современные удобства
- Spanish: últimos adelantos
- Swedish: moderna bekvämligheter
- Thai: ความสะดวกสบายสมัยใหม่
- Turkish: konfor ve rahatlık
- Ukrainian: усі вигоди
- Vietnamese: tiện nghi hiện đại
Definition of mod cons from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.