Definition of 'morning sickness'
Example sentences containing 'morning sickness'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
`My period is long overdue and for the past few days, I've been having morning sickness. WEB OF DREAMS (1990)Soon she was afflicted with morning sickness which she tried to hide from her parents but it was no use. GOODBYE CURATE (1990)
Trends of 'morning sickness'
Used Rarely. morning sickness is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'morning sickness'
British English: morning sickness /ˈmɔːnɪŋ ˈsɪknəs/ NOUN
Morning sickness is a feeling of sickness that some women have, often in the morning, when they are pregnant.
- American English: morning sickness
- Arabic: غَثْيَانُ الْصَّبَاحِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: enjôo matinal durante a gravidez
- Chinese: 孕妇晨吐
- Croatian: jutarnja mučnina
- Czech: ranní nevolnost
- Danish: morgenkvalme
- Dutch: ochtendmisselijkheid
- European Spanish: náuseas del embarazo
- Finnish: raskauspahoinvointi
- French: nausée matinale
- German: Schwangerschaftsübelkeit
- Greek: πρωινή ναυτία
- Italian: nausea mattutina
- Japanese: つわりの時期の朝の吐き気
- Korean: 입덧
- Norwegian: morgenkvalme
- Polish: nudności poranne
- European Portuguese: enjoo matinal durante a gravidez
- Romanian: grețuri matinale
- Russian: утренняя тошнота у беременных
- Spanish: náuseas del embarazo
- Swedish: illamående på grund av graviditet
- Thai: แพ้ท้อง
- Turkish: hamilelik bulantısı
- Ukrainian: токсикоз вагітних
- Vietnamese: ốm nghén
Definition of morning sickness from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.