Definition of 'MOT'
Example sentences containing 'mot'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Car owners can specify their usual service or MoT within the ad. The Sun (2011)Which is why we are calling on all men to get a health MOT. The Sun (2015)It also provides leasing, repair and MoT services. Times, Sunday Times (2016)Your doctor will check for any underlying cause, may give you a health MoT and will advise about treatment. Times, Sunday Times (2008)Ask for a health MOT. The Sun (2014)
Trends of 'MOT'
Used Occasionally. mot is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'MOT'
British English: MOT /ɛm əʊ tiː/ ABBREVIATION
In Britain, an MOT is a test which, by law, must be made each year on all road vehicles that are more than three years old, in order to check that they are safe to drive.
My car is due for its MOT in two days' time.
- American English: MOT
- Arabic: وزارة النقل
- Brazilian Portuguese: revisão obrigatória e anual de veículos GB
- Chinese: 汽车年检
- Croatian: tehnički pregled
- Czech: technická prohlídka auto
- Danish: periodisk syn af bil
- Dutch: APK
- European Spanish: ITV
- Finnish: katsastus
- French: contrôle technique
- German: TÜV
- Greek: τεχνικός έλεγχος οχημάτων
- Italian: revisione annuale dell'auto
- Japanese: 車検
- Korean: 차량 연례 정비
- Norwegian: periodisk kjøretøykontroll
- Polish: Ministerstwo Transportu
- European Portuguese: revisão obrigatória e anual de veículos
- Romanian: RAR
- Russian: технический осмотр транспортного средства Министерства транспорта Великобритании
- Spanish: ITV
- Swedish: kontrollbesiktning
- Thai: ตัวย่อของการตรวจเช็ครถประจำปี
- Turkish: yıllık taşıt testi
- Ukrainian: Державний технічний огляд транспортних засобів
- Vietnamese: kiểm định xe của Bộ Giao thông
Definition of MOT from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.