Definition of 'MOT'
Example sentences containing 'mot'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Car owners can specify their usual service or MoT within the ad. The Sun (2011)Which is why we are calling on all men to get a health MOT. The Sun (2015)It also provides leasing, repair and MoT services. Times, Sunday Times (2016)Your doctor will check for any underlying cause, may give you a health MoT and will advise about treatment. Times, Sunday Times (2008)Ask for a health MOT. The Sun (2014)
Trends of 'MOT'
Used Occasionally. mot is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'MOT'
British English: MOT /ɛm əʊ tiː/ ABBREVIATION
In Britain, an MOT is a test which, by law, must be made each year on all road vehicles that are more than three years old, in order to check that they are safe to drive.
My car is due for its MOT in two days' time.
- American English: MOT
- Arabic: وزارة النقل
- Brazilian Portuguese: revisão obrigatória e anual de veículos GB
- Chinese: 汽车年检
- Croatian: tehnički pregled
- Czech: technická prohlídka auto
- Danish: periodisk syn af bil
- Dutch: APK
- European Spanish: ITV
- Finnish: katsastus
- French: contrôle technique
- German: TÜV
- Greek: τεχνικός έλεγχος οχημάτων
- Italian: revisione annuale dell'auto
- Japanese: 車検
- Korean: 차량 연례 정비
- Norwegian: periodisk kjøretøykontroll
- Polish: Ministerstwo Transportu
- European Portuguese: revisão obrigatória e anual de veículos
- Romanian: RAR
- Russian: технический осмотр транспортного средства Министерства транспорта Великобритании
- Spanish: ITV
- Swedish: kontrollbesiktning
- Thai: ตัวย่อของการตรวจเช็ครถประจำปี
- Turkish: yıllık taşıt testi
- Ukrainian: Державний технічний огляд транспортних засобів
- Vietnamese: kiểm định xe của Bộ Giao thông
Definition of MOT from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Smarter tech can be a game-changer for those with different needs
Improving accessibility when banking is a key focus this year, here are some of ways tech is helping make managing money easier for everyone.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.