Definition of 'motor mechanic'
Trends of 'motor mechanic'
Used Rarely. motor mechanic is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'motor mechanic'
British English: motor mechanic /ˈməʊtə məˈkænɪk/ NOUN
A motor mechanic is someone whose job is to repair and maintain car engines.
- American English: auto mechanic
- Arabic: مِيكَانِيكِيُّ الْسِّيارَاتِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: mecânico de automóvel
- Chinese: 机械员
- Croatian: mehaničar
- Czech: automechanik
- Danish: mekaniker
- Dutch: monteur
- European Spanish: mecánico de automóviles
- Finnish: automekaanikko
- French: mécanicien automobile
- German: Kraftfahrzeugmechaniker
- Greek: μηχανικός αυτοκινήτων
- Italian: meccanico
- Japanese: 自動車整備士
- Korean: 자동차 정비공
- Norwegian: bilmekaniker
- Polish: mechanik samochodowy
- European Portuguese: mecânico de automóvel
- Romanian: mecanic auto
- Russian: автомеханик
- Spanish: mecánico de automóviles
- Swedish: bilmekaniker
- Thai: ช่างเครื่องยนต์
- Turkish: motor teknisyeni
- Ukrainian: механік
- Vietnamese: thợ sửa chữa xe môtô
Definition of motor mechanic from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.