Definition of 'Ms'
Trends of 'Ms'
In Common Usage. ms is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'Ms'
British English: Ms /mɪz; məs/ NOUN
Ms is used before a woman's name when you are speaking to her or referring to her. If you use Ms, you are not specifying if the woman is married or not.
Ms Gupta refused to speak to reporters after the meeting.
- American English: Ms.
- Arabic: مللي ثانية
- Brazilian Portuguese: Sra.
- Chinese: 女士
- Croatian: titula za žensku osobu koja ne određuje bračni status
- Czech: paní nebo slečna titul v oslovení
- Danish: frk.
- Dutch: Mej
- European Spanish: Sra.
- Finnish: NO TRANSLATION
- French: Melle
- German: Frau
- Greek: Κα
- Italian: signora
- Japanese: 未婚・既婚にかかわらず、女性に対する敬称
- Korean: ...씨(여성)
- Norwegian: frk
- Polish: panna dziewczyna
- European Portuguese: Sra.
- Romanian: scleroză multiplă
- Russian: женщина, чье семейное положение неизвестно
- Spanish: Sra.
- Swedish: fr
- Thai: ตัวย่อรวมของคำที่ใช้เรียกหญิงที่แต่งงานและไม่ได้แต่งงาน
- Turkish: Bayan evli olup olmadığını belirtmeyenler için
- Ukrainian: міс
- Vietnamese: Cô
British English: MS /ɛm ɛs/ ABBREVIATION
MS is a serious disease of the nerves, which gradually makes a person weaker, and sometimes affects their sight or speech. MS is an abbreviation for `multiple sclerosis'.
She has battled MS for several years.
- American English: MS
- Arabic: مَرَضُ تَصَلُبِ الْأَنْسِجَةِ الْـمُتَعَدِدَةِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: MS esclerose múltipla
- Chinese: 多发性硬化症
- Croatian: MS
- Czech: RS roztroušená skleróza
- Danish: MS
- Dutch: MS
- European Spanish: esclerosis múltiple
- Finnish: MS-tauti
- French: sclérose en plaques
- German: MS
- Greek: σκλήρυνση κατά πλάκας
- Italian: sclerosi multipla
- Japanese: 多発性硬化症
- Korean: 다발성 경화증
- Norwegian: MS
- Polish: stwardnienie rozsiane
- European Portuguese: EM esclerose múltipla
- Romanian: scleroză multiplă
- Russian: рассеянный склероз
- Spanish: esclerosis múltiple
- Swedish: MS
- Thai: ตัวย่อของโรคปลอกหุ้มเส้นประสาทอักเสบ
- Turkish: MS hastalık
- Ukrainian: розсіяний склероз
- Vietnamese: bệnh đa xơ cứng
Definition of Ms from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.