Definition of 'mugging'
Trends of 'mugging'
Used Occasionally. mugging is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'mugging'
British English: mugging /ˈmʌɡɪŋ/ NOUN
A mugging is an attack on somebody in order to steal their money.
Muggings are unusual in this area.
- American English: mugging
- Arabic: هُجُومٌ لِلْسَرِقَةِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: assalto
- Chinese: 抢劫
- Croatian: napad s pljačkom
- Czech: loupežné přepadení
- Danish: overfald
- Dutch: straatroof
- European Spanish: atraco personas
- Finnish: pahoinpitely
- French: agression
- German: Raubüberfall
- Greek: ληστεία
- Italian: aggressione
- Japanese: 強奪
- Korean: 강도 행위
- Norwegian: ran
- Polish: napad uliczny
- European Portuguese: assalto
- Romanian: jaf
- Russian: ограбление
- Spanish: atraco
- Swedish: rånöverfall
- Thai: การทำร้ายเพื่อปล้นทรัพย์
- Turkish: kapkaççılık
- Ukrainian: напад з метою забрати гроші
- Vietnamese: hành động cướp
Definition of mugging from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.