Definition of 'multiple sclerosis'
Example sentences containing 'multiple sclerosis'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
One theory was suicide: Weldon's wife had died recently after a long battle with multiple sclerosis. THE EXECUTION (2002)
Trends of 'multiple sclerosis'
Used Occasionally. multiple sclerosis is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'multiple sclerosis'
British English: multiple sclerosis /ˌmʌltɪpəl skləˈrəʊsɪs/ NOUN
Multiple sclerosis is a serious disease of the nerves. The abbreviation `MS' is also used.
- American English: multiple sclerosis
- Arabic: التَصَلُّبُ اللويحي الـمُتَعَدِّدَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: esclerose múltipla
- Chinese: 多发性硬化
- Croatian: multipla skleroza
- Czech: roztroušená skleróza
- Danish: dissemineret sklerose
- Dutch: multiple sclerose
- European Spanish: esclerosis múltiple
- Finnish: multippeli skleroosi
- French: sclérose en plaques
- German: Multiple Sklerose
- Greek: σκλήρυνση κατά πλάκας
- Italian: sclerosi multipla
- Japanese: 多発性硬化症
- Korean: 다발성 경화증
- Norwegian: multippel sklerose
- Polish: stwardnienie rozsiane
- European Portuguese: esclerose múltipla
- Romanian: scleroză multiplă
- Russian: рассеянный склероз
- Spanish: esclerosis múltiple
- Swedish: multipel skleros
- Thai: โรคปลอกหุ้มเส้นประสาทอักเสบ
- Turkish: multipl skleroz
- Ukrainian: розсіяний склероз
- Vietnamese: bệnh đa xơ cứng
Definition of multiple sclerosis from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.