Definition of 'multiple sclerosis'
Example sentences containing 'multiple sclerosis'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
One theory was suicide: Weldon's wife had died recently after a long battle with multiple sclerosis. THE EXECUTION (2002)
Sherry, with multiple sclerosis, and Marjorie, with a pelvic disease. THE STAPLE STREET GANG: MANDY AND THE PURPLE SPOTTED HANKY (2002)
Trends of 'multiple sclerosis'
Used Occasionally. multiple sclerosis is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'multiple sclerosis'
British English: multiple sclerosis /ˌmʌltɪpəl skləˈrəʊsɪs/ NOUN
Multiple sclerosis is a serious disease of the nerves. The abbreviation `MS' is also used.
- American English: multiple sclerosis
- Arabic: التَصَلُّبُ اللويحي الـمُتَعَدِّدَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: esclerose múltipla
- Chinese: 多发性硬化
- Croatian: multipla skleroza
- Czech: roztroušená skleróza
- Danish: dissemineret sklerose
- Dutch: multiple sclerose
- European Spanish: esclerosis múltiple
- Finnish: multippeli skleroosi
- French: sclérose en plaques
- German: Multiple Sklerose
- Greek: σκλήρυνση κατά πλάκας
- Italian: sclerosi multipla
- Japanese: 多発性硬化症
- Korean: 다발성 경화증
- Norwegian: multippel sklerose
- Polish: stwardnienie rozsiane
- European Portuguese: esclerose múltipla
- Romanian: scleroză multiplă
- Russian: рассеянный склероз
- Spanish: esclerosis múltiple
- Swedish: multipel skleros
- Thai: โรคปลอกหุ้มเส้นประสาทอักเสบ
- Turkish: multipl skleroz
- Ukrainian: розсіяний склероз
- Vietnamese: bệnh đa xơ cứng
Definition of multiple sclerosis from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.