Definition of 'nail polish remover'
Translations for 'nail polish remover'
British English: nail-polish remover /ˈneɪlpɒlɪʃ rɪˈmuːvə/ NOUN
Nail-polish remover is a solvent used to remove nail polish.
- American English: nail-polish remover
- Arabic: مُزِيلُ طَلَاءِ الْأَظَافِرِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: removedor de esmalte
- Chinese: 指甲油清除剂
- Croatian: sredstvo za skidanje laka
- Czech: odlakovač na nehty
- Danish: neglelaksfjerner
- Dutch: nagellakremover
- European Spanish: quitaesmalte
- Finnish: kynsilakanpoistoaine
- French: dissolvant
- German: Nagellackentferner
- Greek: ασετόν
- Italian: acetone
- Japanese: 除光液
- Korean: 매니큐어 제거제
- Norwegian: neglelakkfjerner
- Polish: zmywacz do paznokci
- European Portuguese: removedor de verniz
- Romanian: acetonă
- Russian: жидкость для снятия лака
- Spanish: quitaesmalte
- Swedish: nagellacksborttagningsmedel
- Thai: น้ำยาล้างเล็บ
- Turkish: oje çıkarıcı
- Ukrainian: засіб для зняття лаку з нігтів
- Vietnamese: nước tẩy sơn móng tay
Definition of nail polish remover from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.