Definition of 'nail scissors'
Trends of 'nail scissors'
Used Rarely. nail scissors is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'nail scissors'
British English: nail scissors /neɪl ˈsɪzəz/ NOUN
Nail scissors are small scissors that you use for cutting your nails.
He got some nail scissors and started carefully trimming his fingernails.
- American English: nail scissors
- Arabic: مِقَصُّ الْأَظَافِرِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: tesoura de unhas
- Chinese: 修指甲小剪刀
- Croatian: škarice za nokte
- Czech: nůžky na nehty
- Danish: neglesaks
- Dutch: nagelknipper
- European Spanish: tijeras para las uñas
- Finnish: kynsisakset
- French: ciseaux à ongles
- German: Nagelschere
- Greek: ψαλιδάκι νυχιών
- Italian: forbicine
- Japanese: 爪切りばさみ
- Korean: 손톱 가위
- Norwegian: neglesaks
- Polish: nożyczki do paznokci
- European Portuguese: tesoura de unhas
- Romanian: foarfece de unghii
- Russian: маникюрные ножницы
- Spanish: tijeras para las uñas
- Swedish: nagelsax
- Thai: กรรไกรตัดเล็บ
- Turkish: tırnak makası
- Ukrainian: ножиці для нігтів
- Vietnamese: kéo cắt móng tay
Definition of nail scissors from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.