Definition of 'nail varnish'
Translations for 'nail varnish'
British English: nail varnish /neɪl ˈvɑːnɪʃ/ NOUN
Nail varnish is a thick liquid that women paint on their nails.
- American English: nail polish
- Arabic: طَلَاءُ الْأَظَافِرِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: esmalte de unhas
- Chinese: 指甲油
- Croatian: lak za nokte
- Czech: lak na nehty
- Danish: neglelak
- Dutch: nagellak
- European Spanish: esmalte de uñas
- Finnish: kynsilakka
- French: vernis à ongles
- German: Nagellack
- Greek: μανό
- Italian: smalto per le unghie
- Japanese: マニキュア液
- Korean: 매니큐어
- Norwegian: neglelakk
- Polish: lakier do paznokci
- European Portuguese: verniz para unhas
- Romanian: lac de unghii
- Russian: лак для ногтей
- Spanish: esmalte de uñas
- Swedish: nagellack
- Thai: น้ำยาทาเล็บ
- Turkish: tırnak cilası
- Ukrainian: лак для нігтів
- Vietnamese: sơn móng tay
Definition of nail varnish from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.