Definition of 'nailfile'
Trends of 'nailfile'
Used Rarely. nailfile is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'nailfile'
British English: nailfile /ˈneɪlˌfaɪl/ NOUN
A nailfile is a small strip of rough metal or card that you rub across the ends of your nails to shorten them or shape them.
- American English: nailfile
- Arabic: مِبْرَدُ الْأَظَافِرِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: lixa de unhas
- Chinese: 指甲锉
- Croatian: turpija za nokte
- Czech: pilníček na nehty
- Danish: neglefil
- Dutch: nagelvijl
- European Spanish: lima de uñas
- Finnish: kynsiviila
- French: lime à ongles
- German: Nagelfeile
- Greek: λίμα νυχιών
- Italian: lima per unghie
- Japanese: 爪やすり
- Korean: 손톱 다듬는 줄
- Norwegian: neglefil
- Polish: pilnik do paznokci
- European Portuguese: lima de unhas
- Romanian: pilă de unghii
- Russian: пилка для ногтей
- Spanish: lima de uñas
- Swedish: nagelfil
- Thai: ตะไบขัดเล็บ
- Turkish: tırnak törpüsü
- Ukrainian: пилочка для нігтів
- Vietnamese: cái giũa móng tay
Definition of nailfile from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.