Definition of 'Native American'
Example sentences containing 'Native American'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
And in fact it is Native American men who are more likely to reveal that physiological trait. MAN AND WIFE (2002)
Trends of 'Native American'
Used Occasionally. Native American is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'Native American'
British English: Native American NOUN
Native Americans are people from any of the many groups who were already living in North America before Europeans arrived.
The eagle is the animal most sacred to the Native Americans.
- American English: Native American
- Brazilian Portuguese: povos que habitavam a América do Norte antes da colonização europeia
- Chinese: 美国原住民
- European Spanish: amerindio
- French: Indien d'Amérique
- German: Ureinwohner Amerikas
- Italian: nativo americano
- Japanese: アメリカ先住民
- Korean: 북미 원주민
- European Portuguese: povos que habitavam a América do Norte antes da colonização europeia
- Spanish: amerindio
Definition of Native American from the Collins English Dictionary
The etymology behind 4 eggs-ellent Springtime words
We’ve explored the diverse etymology of 4 eggs-ellent words associated with spring.
Up Lit, Alexa Laugh & Meet Me at McDonald’s Hair: March’s Words In The News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this March with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.