Definition of 'natural resources'
Example sentences containing 'natural resources'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
The plantation economy and the plunder of natural resources that followed transformed the islands. SPIX'S MACAW: THE RACE TO SAVE THE WORLD'S RAREST BIRD (2002)Similar patterns of farming, energy and natural resources policy can be seen throughout the world. SPIX'S MACAW: THE RACE TO SAVE THE WORLD'S RAREST BIRD (2002)
Trends of 'natural resources'
In Common Usage. natural resources is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'natural resources'
British English: natural resources /ˈnætʃrəl rɪˈzɔːsɪz/ NOUN
The natural resources of a place are all its land, forests, energy sources, and minerals which exist naturally there and can be used by people.
Nigeria is a nation rich in natural resources.
- American English: natural resources
- Arabic: مَوَارِدٌ طَبِيعِيَةٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: recursos naturais
- Chinese: 自然资源
- Croatian: prirodni resursi
- Czech: přírodní zdroje
- Danish: naturressourcer
- Dutch: natuurlijke hulpbronnen
- European Spanish: recursos naturales
- Finnish: luonnonvarat
- French: ressources naturelles
- German: Bodenschätze
- Greek: φυσικοί πόροι
- Italian: risorse naturali
- Japanese: 天然資源
- Korean: 천연 자원
- Norwegian: naturressurser
- Polish: bogactwa naturalne
- European Portuguese: recursos naturais
- Romanian: resursă naturală
- Russian: полезные ископаемые
- Spanish: recursos naturales
- Swedish: naturtillgångar
- Thai: ทรัพยากรธรรมชาติ
- Turkish: doğal kaynaklar
- Ukrainian: природні ресурси
- Vietnamese: tài nguyên thiên nhiên
Definition of natural resources from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.