Definition of 'non-smoking'
Translations for 'non-smoking'
British English: non-smoking /nɒnˈsməʊkɪŋ/ ADJECTIVE
A non-smoking area in a public place is an area in which people are not allowed to smoke.
This is a non-smoking environment.
- American English: non-smoking
- Arabic: غَيرَ مُدَّخِنٍ
- Brazilian Portuguese: não fumante
- Chinese: 非吸烟的
- Croatian: nepušački
- Czech: nekuřácký
- Danish: ikkeryger-
- Dutch: niet-rokend
- European Spanish: para no fumadores
- Finnish: tupakoimattomien
- French: non fumeur
- German: Nichtraucher-
- Greek: για μη καπνίζοντες
- Italian: non fumatori
- Japanese: 禁煙の
- Korean: 흡연하지 않는
- Norwegian: røykfri
- Polish: niepalący
- European Portuguese: não fumador
- Romanian: de nefumători
- Russian: для некурящих
- Spanish: para no fumadores
- Swedish: icke-rökare
- Thai: ซึ่งไม่สูบบุหรี่
- Turkish: sigara içilmeyen
- Ukrainian: для некурців
- Vietnamese: cấm hút thuốc
Definition of non-smoking from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.