Definition of 'northbound'
Example sentences containing 'northbound'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
After a mile or so, the road came up alongside the highway, where southbound traffic was on one road and northbound traffic on another. A PLAGUE OF ANGELS (1990)I followed the signs to the northbound platform of the Jubilee Line. TOY SHOP (1990)
Trends of 'northbound'
Used Rarely. northbound is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'northbound'
British English: northbound /ˈnɔːθˌbaʊnd/ ADJECTIVE
Northbound roads or vehicles lead or are travelling towards the north.
Southbound traffic was on one road and northbound traffic on another.
- American English: northbound
- Arabic: مُتَّجِهٌ شِمَالاً
- Brazilian Portuguese: em direção norte
- Chinese: 北行的
- Croatian: koji vodi na sjever
- Czech: směřující na sever
- Danish: nordgående
- Dutch: in noordelijke richting
- European Spanish: en dirección norte
- Finnish: pohjoiseen menevä
- French: en direction du nord
- German: nach Norden führend
- Greek: βορεινός
- Italian: verso nord
- Japanese: 北行きの
- Korean: 북쪽으로 가는
- Norwegian: nordgående
- Polish: skierowany na północ
- European Portuguese: em direcção ao norte
- Romanian: spre nord
- Russian: идущий на север
- Spanish: en dirección norte
- Swedish: nordgående
- Thai: ซึ่งไปทางเหนือ
- Turkish: kuzeye doğru
- Ukrainian: у напрямку на північ
- Vietnamese: về phía bắc
Definition of northbound from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.