Definition of 'nursery slope'
Trends of 'nursery slope'
Used Rarely. nursery slope is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'nursery slope'
British English: nursery slope /ˈnɜːsərɪ sləʊp/ NOUN
A nursery slope is a slope that is not very steep and is used by people who are learning to ski.
- American English: bunny hill
- Arabic: مُنْحَدِرُ الْتَزَلُجِ لِلْمُبْتَدِئِيـنَ
- Brazilian Portuguese: rampa para principiantes esqui
- Chinese: 初学者滑雪坡
- Croatian: početnička staza
- Czech: cvičná sjezdovka
- Danish: begynderbakke
- Dutch: oefenhelling
- European Spanish: pista para principiantes
- Finnish: aloittelijoiden rinne
- French: piste débutants
- German: Anfängerhügel
- Greek: πίστα αρχαρίων
- Italian: pista baby
- Japanese: 初心者用ゲレンデ
- Korean: 초보자용 스키 코스
- Norwegian: nybegynnerbakke
- Polish: łagodne zbocze do nauki jazdy na nartach
- European Portuguese: rampa para principiantes esqui
- Romanian: pârtie de începători
- Russian: спуск для начинающих лыжников
- Spanish: pista para principiantes
- Swedish: nybörjarbacke
- Thai: ที่ลาดชันสำหรับฝึกเล่นสกี
- Turkish: kayak alıştırma pisti
- Ukrainian: спуск для лижників-початківців
- Vietnamese: dốc dành cho những người mới tập trượt tuyết
Definition of nursery slope from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.