Definition of 'nursery slope'
Trends of 'nursery slope'
Used Rarely. nursery slope is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'nursery slope'
British English: nursery slope /ˈnɜːsərɪ sləʊp/ NOUN
A nursery slope is a slope that is not very steep and is used by people who are learning to ski.
- American English: bunny hill
- Arabic: مُنْحَدِرُ الْتَزَلُجِ لِلْمُبْتَدِئِيـنَ
- Brazilian Portuguese: rampa para principiantes esqui
- Chinese: 初学者滑雪坡
- Croatian: početnička staza
- Czech: cvičná sjezdovka
- Danish: begynderbakke
- Dutch: oefenhelling
- European Spanish: pista para principiantes
- Finnish: aloittelijoiden rinne
- French: piste débutants
- German: Anfängerhügel
- Greek: πίστα αρχαρίων
- Italian: pista baby
- Japanese: 初心者用ゲレンデ
- Korean: 초보자용 스키 코스
- Norwegian: nybegynnerbakke
- Polish: łagodne zbocze do nauki jazdy na nartach
- European Portuguese: rampa para principiantes esqui
- Romanian: pârtie de începători
- Russian: спуск для начинающих лыжников
- Spanish: pista para principiantes
- Swedish: nybörjarbacke
- Thai: ที่ลาดชันสำหรับฝึกเล่นสกี
- Turkish: kayak alıştırma pisti
- Ukrainian: спуск для лижників-початківців
- Vietnamese: dốc dành cho những người mới tập trượt tuyết
Definition of nursery slope from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.