Definition of 'nursery slope'
Trends of 'nursery slope'
Used Rarely. nursery slope is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'nursery slope'
British English: nursery slope /ˈnɜːsərɪ sləʊp/ NOUN
A nursery slope is a slope that is not very steep and is used by people who are learning to ski.
- American English: bunny hill
- Arabic: مُنْحَدِرُ الْتَزَلُجِ لِلْمُبْتَدِئِيـنَ
- Brazilian Portuguese: rampa para principiantes esqui
- Chinese: 初学者滑雪坡
- Croatian: početnička staza
- Czech: cvičná sjezdovka
- Danish: begynderbakke
- Dutch: oefenhelling
- European Spanish: pista para principiantes
- Finnish: aloittelijoiden rinne
- French: piste débutants
- German: Anfängerhügel
- Greek: πίστα αρχαρίων
- Italian: pista baby
- Japanese: 初心者用ゲレンデ
- Korean: 초보자용 스키 코스
- Norwegian: nybegynnerbakke
- Polish: łagodne zbocze do nauki jazdy na nartach
- European Portuguese: rampa para principiantes esqui
- Romanian: pârtie de începători
- Russian: спуск для начинающих лыжников
- Spanish: pista para principiantes
- Swedish: nybörjarbacke
- Thai: ที่ลาดชันสำหรับฝึกเล่นสกี
- Turkish: kayak alıştırma pisti
- Ukrainian: спуск для лижників-початківців
- Vietnamese: dốc dành cho những người mới tập trượt tuyết
Definition of nursery slope from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.