Definition of 'oil refinery'
Trends of 'oil refinery'
Used Occasionally. oil refinery is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'oil refinery'
British English: oil refinery /ɔɪl rɪˈfaɪnərɪ/ NOUN
An oil refinery is a factory where oil is prepared.
- American English: oil refinery
- Arabic: مَعْمَلُ تَكْرِيرُ الْزَيّتِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: refinaria de petróleo
- Chinese: 炼油厂
- Croatian: rafinerija nafte
- Czech: ropná rafinerie
- Danish: olieraffinaderi
- Dutch: olieraffinaderij
- European Spanish: refinería de petróleo
- Finnish: öljynjalostamo
- French: raffinerie de pétrole
- German: Erdölraffinerie
- Greek: διυλιστήριο πετρελαίου
- Italian: raffineria di petrolio
- Japanese: 石油精製所
- Korean: 정유 공장
- Norwegian: oljeraffineri
- Polish: rafineria ropy naftowej
- European Portuguese: refinaria de petróleo
- Romanian: rafinărie de petrol
- Russian: нефтеочистительный завод
- Spanish: refinería de petróleo
- Swedish: oljeraffinaderi
- Thai: โรงกลั่นน้ำมัน
- Turkish: petrol rafinerisi
- Ukrainian: нафтоочисний завод
- Vietnamese: nhà máy lọc dầu
Definition of oil refinery from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.