Definition of 'old age pensioner'
Translations for 'old age pensioner'
British English: old-age pensioner /əʊldˈeɪdʒ ˈpɛnʃənə/ NOUN
An old-age pensioner is a person who is old enough to receive a pension from their employer or the government.
- American English: senior citizen
- Arabic: مُتَقَاعِدٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: aposentado por idade
- Chinese: 领养老金的人
- Croatian: osoba umirovljena zbog starosti
- Czech: důchodce
- Danish: pensionist
- Dutch: gepensioneerde
- European Spanish: pensionista de la tercera edad
- Finnish: vanhuuseläkeläinen
- French: retraité
- German: Rentner
- Greek: συνταξιούχος
- Italian: pensionato
- Japanese: 老齢年金受給者
- Korean: 노령의 연금수령자
- Norwegian: pensjonist
- Polish: emeryt
- European Portuguese: aposentado por idade
- Romanian: pensionarpe caz de vârstă
- Russian: пенсионер по старости
- Spanish: pensionado de la tercera edad
- Swedish: pensionär
- Thai: คนชราเกษียณผู้รับบำนาญ
- Turkish: emekli
- Ukrainian: пенсіонер
- Vietnamese: người già hưởng lương hưu
Definition of old age pensioner from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.