Definition of 'oven glove'
Trends of 'oven glove'
Used Rarely. oven glove is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'oven glove'
British English: oven glove /ˈʌvən ɡlʌv/ NOUN
An oven glove is a glove made of thick material, used for holding hot dishes from an oven.
- American English: oven glove
- Arabic: قُفَّازُ فُرْنٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: luva de forno
- Chinese: 烤箱手套
- Croatian: kuhinjska rukavica
- Czech: kuchyňská rukavice
- Danish: ovnhandske
- Dutch: ovenhandschoen
- European Spanish: manopla para el horno
- Finnish: patakinnas
- French: gant de cuisine
- German: Topfhandschuh
- Greek: γάντι φούρνου
- Italian: guanto da forno
- Japanese: オーブンミット
- Korean: 오븐용 장갑
- Norwegian: grillvott
- Polish: rękawica żaroodporna
- European Portuguese: luva de forno
- Romanian: mănușă pentru cuptor
- Russian: прихватка
- Spanish: guante para el horno
- Swedish: grytvante
- Thai: ถุงมือจับภาชนะร้อนจากเตาอบ
- Turkish: fırın eldiveni
- Ukrainian: прихватка
- Vietnamese: găng tay cách nhiệt
Definition of oven glove from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.