Definition of 'overhead projector'
Example sentences containing 'overhead projector'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Rooney was standing beside an overhead projector, pointing out seemingly meaningless graphs. LOOKING FOR ANDREW MCCARTHY (2002)
Trends of 'overhead projector'
Used Occasionally. overhead projector is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'overhead projector'
British English: overhead projector /ˈəʊvəˌhɛd prəˈdʒɛktə/ NOUN
An overhead projector is a machine that has a light inside it and makes the writing or pictures on a sheet of plastic appear on a screen or wall. The abbreviation `OHP' is also used.
- American English: overhead projector
- Arabic: جِهَازٌلِعَرْضِ الْأَفْلَامِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: projetor de transparências
- Chinese: 投影仪
- Croatian: grafoskop
- Czech: zpětný projektor
- Danish: overheadprojektor
- Dutch: overheadprojector
- European Spanish: retroproyector
- Finnish: piirtoheitin
- French: rétroprojecteur
- German: Arbeitsprojektor
- Greek: συσκευή προβολής
- Italian: lavagna luminosa
- Japanese: オーバーヘッドプロジェクター
- Korean: 오버헤드 프로젝터
- Norwegian: overheadframviser
- Polish: rzutnik do przeźroczy
- European Portuguese: projetor de transparências
- Romanian: proiector
- Russian: диапроектор
- Spanish: retroproyector
- Swedish: overheadprojektor
- Thai: เครื่องฉายภาพบนผนังหรือจอ
- Turkish: projektör
- Ukrainian: діапроектор
- Vietnamese: máy chiếu overhead
Definition of overhead projector from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.