Definition of 'overheads'
Video: pronunciation of 'overheads'
Example sentences containing 'overheads'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
`Well, I guess you could show them you have a plan to severely cut back your overheads, so that your cash flow is positive. BETTER THAN THIS (2002)The cost of the houses, the overheads, the lands they lost to Cromwell... They all believe themselves to be poorer than church mice. THE RIVAL QUEENS: A COUNTESS ASHBY DE LA ZOUCHE MYSTERY (2002)Then you have your overheads, and you're working with a bad element. DESPERADOES (2002)
Trends of 'overheads'
Used Occasionally. overheads is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'overheads'
British English: overheads /ˈəʊvəˌhɛdz/ NOUN
The overheads of a business are its regular and essential expenses.
- American English: overhead
- Arabic: مَصَارِيفٌ عَامَةٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: despesas gerais
- Chinese: 经费
- Croatian: režije
- Czech: režijní náklady
- Danish: generalomkostninger
- Dutch: vaste bedrijfskosten
- European Spanish: gastos indirectos
- Finnish: kiinteät kustannukset
- French: frais généraux
- German: allgemeine Unkosten
- Greek: γενικά έξοδα
- Italian: spese generali
- Japanese: 諸経費
- Korean: 경상비
- Norwegian: faste utgifter
- Polish: koszty ogólne
- European Portuguese: despesas gerais
- Romanian: cheltuieli de regie
- Russian: накладные расходы
- Spanish: gastos indirectos
- Swedish: omkostnader
- Thai: ค่าใช้จ่ายในการดำเนินธุรกิจ
- Turkish: işletme masrafları
- Ukrainian: накладні витрати
- Vietnamese: chi phí hành chính
Definition of overheads from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.