Definition of 'overnight bag'
Example sentences containing 'overnight bag'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
He had Tillie's box of tapes on his lap and Charles ' overnight bag under his knees. AT THE STROKE OF TWELVE (2004)He was rescued by Mary, beautiful and fragrant and carrying Edward's overnight bag and a stuffed bear. AMAGANSETT (2004)His travel case, ready packed and strapped, mocked him from inside the entrance, the overnight bag empty beside it. THE QUEST FOR K (2004)
Trends of 'overnight bag'
Used Rarely. overnight bag is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'overnight bag'
British English: overnight bag /ˈəʊvəˌnaɪt bæɡ/ NOUN
An overnight bag is a bag for holding clothes and toiletries when staying away from home overnight.
- American English: overnight bag
- Arabic: حَقِيبَةٌ لِلْرَحَلَاتِ الْقَصِيرَةِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: mala pequena
- Chinese: 小旅行包
- Croatian: mala putna torba
- Czech: taška s věcmi na přespání
- Danish: weekendkuffert
- Dutch: weekendtas
- European Spanish: bolso de fin de semana
- Finnish: yökamppeet
- French: nécessaire de voyage
- German: Reisetasche
- Greek: τσαντάκι για μία διανυκτέρευση
- Italian: ventiquattrore
- Japanese: 一泊旅行用かばん
- Korean: 여행용 가방
- Norwegian: stor veske
- Polish: torba podróżna
- European Portuguese: mala pequena
- Romanian: bagaj pentru o noapte
- Russian: небольшая дорожная сумка
- Spanish: bolso de fin de semana
- Swedish: övernattningsväska
- Thai: กระเป๋าเดินทางใบเล็กใช้เพื่อค้างคืน
- Turkish: gecelik seyahat çantası
- Ukrainian: необхідні речі для короткої поїздки
- Vietnamese: túi đựng đồ ngủ qua đêm
Definition of overnight bag from the Collins English Dictionary
GDPR, yanny/laurel & MadaBaka Beat: May’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this May with Robert Groves.
Ruby Chocolate, Fatberg & Right to be Forgotten: April’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this month with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.