Definition of 'oversleep'
Trends of 'oversleep'
Used Rarely. oversleep is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'oversleep'
British English: oversleep /ˌəʊvəˈsliːp/ VERB
If you oversleep, you sleep longer than you should have done.
I forgot to set my alarm and I overslept.
- American English: oversleep
- Arabic: يَسْتَغْرِقُ في النَّوْم
- Brazilian Portuguese: dormir além da hora
- Chinese: 睡过头
- Croatian: zaspati
- Czech: zaspat
- Danish: sove over sig
- Dutch: verslapen
- European Spanish: quedarse dormido
- Finnish: nukkua liian kauan
- French: se réveiller trop tard
- German: verschlafen
- Greek: παρακοιμάμαι
- Italian: restare addormentato
- Japanese: 寝過ごす
- Korean: 너무 자다
- Norwegian: forsove (seg)
- Polish: zaspać
- European Portuguese: dormir para além da hora devida
- Romanian: a dormi prea mult
- Russian: проспать
- Spanish: quedarse dormido
- Swedish: försova (sig)
- Thai: นอนเกินเวลา
- Turkish: uyuyakalmak
- Ukrainian: проспати
- Vietnamese: ngủ quá giấc
Definition of oversleep from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.