Definition of 'pa'
Example sentences containing 'pa'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
I think his pa made sure he never fin' out he not like other men. A PLAGUE OF ANGELSMy ma and pa are coming over --- they're really supportive, like I told you --- and Wayne's brother's coming from Arkansas. LOSING IT (2002)
Trends of 'pa'
In Common Usage. pa is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'pa'
British English: PA /piː eɪ/ ABBREVIATION
A PA is a person who does office work and administrative work for someone. PA is an abbreviation for `personal assistant'.
- American English: PA
- Arabic: مُسَاعِدٌ شَخْصِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: assistente pessoal
- Chinese: 私人助理
- Croatian: tajnik
- Czech: osobní tajemník
- Danish: højtaleranlæg
- Dutch: persoonlijke assistent Personal Assistant
- European Spanish: secretaria personal
- Finnish: yksityissihteeri
- French: secrétaire de direction
- German: persönlicher Assistent
- Greek: προσωπικός βοηθός
- Italian: assistente personale
- Japanese: 個人秘書
- Korean: 비서
- Norwegian: privatsekretær
- Polish: sekretarz osobisty
- European Portuguese: assistente pessoal
- Romanian: asistent personal
- Russian: личный секретарь
- Latin American Spanish: secretario personal
- Swedish: personlig assistent
- Thai: ตัวย่อของผู้ช่วยส่วนตัว
- Turkish: kişisel asistan
- Ukrainian: особистий помічник
- Vietnamese: Trợ lý Riêng
Definition of pa from the Collins English Dictionary
New collocations added to dictionary
Collocations are words that are often used together and are brilliant at providing natural sounding language for your speech and writing.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.