Definition of 'paddling pool'
Example sentences containing 'paddling pool'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
A photo of Pat on the desk, two years old, naked and grinning in a paddling pool. MAN AND WIFE (2002)I said,'I'll tell you who gets no respect, a person who sits in a paddling pool all day and doesn't pay his way. MR STARLIGHT (2002)
Trends of 'paddling pool'
Used Rarely. paddling pool is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'paddling pool'
British English: paddling pool /ˈpædlɪŋ puːl/ NOUN
A paddling pool is a shallow artificial pool for children to paddle in.
- American English: wading pool
- Arabic: حَوْضُ سِبَاحَةٍ لِلْأَطْفَالِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: piscina regan
- Chinese: 嬉水池
- Croatian: bazenčić za brčkanje
- Czech: brouzdaliště
- Danish: soppebassin
- Dutch: pierenbad
- European Spanish: piscina hinchable
- Finnish: kahluuallas
- French: pataugeoire
- German: Planschbecken
- Greek: πλαστική πισίνα
- Italian: piscina per bambini
- Japanese: 子供用プール
- Korean: 얕은 풀
- Norwegian: plaskebasseng
- Polish: brodzik
- European Portuguese: piscina pouco funda
- Romanian: piscină pentru copii
- Russian: лягушатник
- Spanish: piscina inflable
- Swedish: plaskdamm
- Thai: สระน้ำตื้นๆ สำหรับเด็กเล็ก
- Turkish: sığ havuz
- Ukrainian: дитячий басейн
- Vietnamese: bể nước nhỏ cho trẻ em
Definition of paddling pool from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.