Definition of 'paperback'
Video: pronunciation of 'paperback'
Trends of 'paperback'
In Common Usage. paperback is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'paperback'
British English: paperback /ˈpeɪpəˌbæk/ NOUN
A paperback is a book with a paper cover.
...a cheap paperback.
- American English: paperback
- Arabic: كِتَابٌ وَرَقِيُّ الغِلَافِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: livro de capa mole
- Chinese: 平装本
- Croatian: knjiga mekih korica
- Czech: brožovaný výtisk
- Danish: paperback
- Dutch: paperback
- European Spanish: libro en rústica
- Finnish: pehmeäkantinen kirja
- French: livre de poche
- German: Taschenbuch
- Greek: χαρτόδετο βιβλίο
- Italian: edizione economica
- Japanese: ペーパーバック
- Korean: 페이퍼 백
- Norwegian: pocketbok
- Polish: publikacja w miękkiej oprawie
- European Portuguese: livro de capa mole
- Romanian: carte
- Russian: книга в мягкой обложке
- Spanish: libro en rústica
- Swedish: pocketbok
- Thai: หนังสือปกอ่อน
- Turkish: ikinci baskı kitap
- Ukrainian: книга в м'якій обкладинці
- Vietnamese: sách bìa mềm
Definition of paperback from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.