Definition of 'parking meter'
Trends of 'parking meter'
Used Rarely. parking meter is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'parking meter'
British English: parking meter /ˈpɑːkɪŋ ˈmiːtə/ NOUN
A parking meter is a device which you have to put money into when you park in a parking space.
- American English: parking meter
- Arabic: عَدَّادُ وقُوفِ الْسِيَارَةِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: parquímetro
- Chinese: 停车计时器
- Croatian: parkirališni sat
- Czech: parkovací hodiny
- Danish: parkometer
- Dutch: parkeermeter
- European Spanish: parquímetro
- Finnish: pysäköintimittari
- French: horodateur
- German: Parkuhr
- Greek: παρκόμετρο
- Italian: parchimetro
- Japanese: パーキングメーター
- Korean: 주차요금 징수기
- Norwegian: parkometer
- Polish: parkometr
- European Portuguese: parquímetro
- Romanian: parcometru
- Russian: счетчик на автостоянке
- Spanish: parquímetro
- Swedish: parkeringsautomat
- Thai: มิเตอร์จอดรถ
- Turkish: otopark ödeme cihazı
- Ukrainian: лічильник на парковці
- Vietnamese: máy thu tiền đỗ xe
Definition of parking meter from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.