Definition of 'passion fruit'
Image of 'passion fruit'
© Viktar Malyshchyts, shutterstock
Trends of 'passion fruit'
Used Rarely. passion fruit is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'passion fruit'
British English: passion fruit /ˈpæʃən fruːt/ NOUN
A passion fruit is a small, round, brown fruit that is produced by certain types of tropical flower.
- American English: passion fruit
- Arabic: فاكهة العشق
- Brazilian Portuguese: maracujá
- Chinese: 西番莲果
- Croatian: gospodinova krunica
- Czech: mučenka tropické ovoce
- Danish: passionsfrugt
- Dutch: passievrucht
- European Spanish: maracuyá
- Finnish: passiohedelmä
- French: fruit de la passion
- German: Passionsfrucht
- Greek: φρούτο του πάθους
- Italian: frutto della passione
- Japanese: パッションフルーツ
- Korean: 시계풀의 열매
- Norwegian: pasjonsfrukt
- Polish: owoc męczennicy
- European Portuguese: maracujá
- Romanian: fructul pasiunii
- Russian: маракуйя
- Spanish: maracuyá
- Swedish: passionsfrukt
- Thai: ผลไม้เปลือกแข็งมีรสเปรี้ยวและมีเมล็ดมากมาย
- Turkish: çarkıfelek meyvası
- Ukrainian: маракуйя
- Vietnamese: quả chanh leo
Definition of passion fruit from the Collins English Dictionary
The language of love: 5 ways to express your love on Valentine’s Day
In the market for some new terms of endearment? Here’s the etymology behind some of the most popular.
Part One: Unlocking Mandarin with Paul Noble
We sent one of the Collins team for a one-to-one learning experience with the man himself, and here’s how they found part one of the course.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.