Definition of 'Passover'
Example sentences containing 'Passover'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Trends of 'Passover'
Used Occasionally. Passover is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
Translations for 'Passover'
British English: Passover /ˈpɑːsˌəʊvə/ NOUN
Passover is a Jewish festival beginning in March or April and lasting for seven or eight days.
- American English: Passover
- Arabic: عِيدُ تِذْكَارِ خُرُوجِ الْيَهُودِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: páscoa judaica
- Chinese: 逾越节
- Croatian: Pasha
- Czech: pesach židovaský svátek
- Danish: jødisk påske
- Dutch: Pascha
- European Spanish: Pascua
- Finnish: juutalaisten pääsiäinen
- French: Pâque juive
- German: Passah
- Greek: Εβραϊκό Πάσχα
- Italian: Pasqua ebraica
- Japanese: 過越しの祭
- Korean: 유월절
- Norwegian: jødisk påske
- Polish: Pascha
- European Portuguese: Páscoa judaica
- Romanian: paște evreiesc
- Russian: еврейская пасха
- Spanish: Pascua
- Swedish: judisk påskhögtid
- Thai: วันหยุดเพื่อระลึกถึงการอพยพของชาวยิวจากอียิปต์
- Turkish: Musevilerin Fısıh Bayramı
- Ukrainian: єврейська Пасха
- Vietnamese: Lễ Quá hải của người Do Thái
Definition of Passover from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.