Definition of 'passport control'
Translations for 'passport control'
British English: passport control /ˈpɑːspɔːt kənˈtrəʊl/ NOUN
Passport control is the area in an airport where passports are checked.
- American English: passport control
- Arabic: الْرَقَابَةُ عَلَى جَوَازَاتِ الْسَّفَر
- Brazilian Portuguese: controle de passaportes
- Chinese: 护照检查处
- Croatian: kontrola putovnica
- Czech: pasová kontrola
- Danish: paskontrol
- Dutch: paspoortcontrole
- European Spanish: control de pasaportes
- Finnish: passintarkastus
- French: contrôle des passeports
- German: Passkontrolle
- Greek: έλεγχος διαβατηρίων
- Italian: controllo passaporti
- Japanese: パスポート審査窓口
- Korean: 여권 검사
- Norwegian: passkontroll
- Polish: kontrola paszportowa
- European Portuguese: controlo de passaportes
- Romanian: control pașapoarte
- Russian: паспортный контроль
- Spanish: control de pasaportes
- Swedish: passkontroll
- Thai: หน่วยควบคุมหนังสือเดินทาง
- Turkish: pasaport kontrol
- Ukrainian: паспортний контроль
- Vietnamese: sự kiểm tra hộ chiếu
Definition of passport control from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.