Definition of 'passport control'
Translations for 'passport control'
British English: passport control /ˈpɑːspɔːt kənˈtrəʊl/ NOUN
Passport control is the area in an airport where passports are checked.
- American English: passport control
- Arabic: الْرَقَابَةُ عَلَى جَوَازَاتِ الْسَّفَر
- Brazilian Portuguese: controle de passaportes
- Chinese: 护照检查处
- Croatian: kontrola putovnica
- Czech: pasová kontrola
- Danish: paskontrol
- Dutch: paspoortcontrole
- European Spanish: control de pasaportes
- Finnish: passintarkastus
- French: contrôle des passeports
- German: Passkontrolle
- Greek: έλεγχος διαβατηρίων
- Italian: controllo passaporti
- Japanese: パスポート審査窓口
- Korean: 여권 검사
- Norwegian: passkontroll
- Polish: kontrola paszportowa
- European Portuguese: controlo de passaportes
- Romanian: control pașapoarte
- Russian: паспортный контроль
- Spanish: control de pasaportes
- Swedish: passkontroll
- Thai: หน่วยควบคุมหนังสือเดินทาง
- Turkish: pasaport kontrol
- Ukrainian: паспортний контроль
- Vietnamese: sự kiểm tra hộ chiếu
Definition of passport control from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.