Definition of 'paternity leave'
Example sentences containing 'paternity leave'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Translations for 'paternity leave'
British English: paternity leave /pəˈtɜːnɪtɪ liːv/ NOUN
If a man has paternity leave, his employer allows him some time off work because his child has just been born.
Paternity leave is unlikely to be for longer than two weeks.
- American English: paternity leave
- Arabic: أجازة رعاية طفل
- Brazilian Portuguese: licença paternidade
- Chinese: 父亲陪产假
- Croatian: porodiljni dopust za oca
- Czech: otcovská dovolená
- Danish: barselsorlov
- Dutch: vaderschapsverlof
- European Spanish: baja por paternidad
- Finnish: isyysloma
- French: congé de paternité
- German: Vaterschaftsurlaub
- Greek: άδεια πατρότητας
- Italian: congedo di paternità
- Japanese: 父親の育児休暇
- Korean: 아버지의 육아 휴가
- Norwegian: omsorgspermisjon
- Polish: urlop ojcowski
- European Portuguese: licença de paternidade
- Romanian: concediu paternal
- Russian: отпуск в связи с отцовством
- Spanish: licencia por paternidad
- Swedish: pappaledighet
- Thai: การลาหยุดของพ่อเพื่อเลี้ยงดูลูกแรกเกิด
- Turkish: babalık izni
- Ukrainian: відпустка для догляду за новонародженою дитиною для батька
- Vietnamese: nghỉ sinh con của nam giới
Definition of paternity leave from the Collins English Dictionary
5 unusual words & phrases to upgrade your World Cup 2018 banter
Impress your friends, family and colleagues with this unusual collection of football lingo.
VAR, planebae & a peng sort: July’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this July with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.