Definition of 'peanut allergy'
Translations for 'peanut allergy'
British English: peanut allergy /ˈpiːˌnʌt ˈælədʒɪ/ NOUN
If you have a peanut allergy, you become ill if you eat peanuts or peanut butter, or come into contact with peanuts or peanut butter.
- American English: peanut allergy
- Arabic: حَسَاسِيَةٌ تِـجَاهِ الْفُولِ الْسُودَانِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: alergia ao amendoim
- Chinese: 花生过敏
- Croatian: alergija na kikiriki
- Czech: alergie na burské oříšky
- Danish: allergi over for jordnødder
- Dutch: pinda-allergie
- European Spanish: alergia a los cacahuetes
- Finnish: maapähkinäallergia
- French: allergie à l’arachide
- German: Erdnussallergie
- Greek: αλλεργία στα φιστίκια
- Italian: allergia alla frutta secca in guscio
- Japanese: ピーナッツアレルギー
- Korean: 땅콩 알레르기
- Norwegian: peanøttallergi
- Polish: uczulenie na orzechy ziemne
- European Portuguese: alergia ao amendoim
- Romanian: alergie la alune
- Russian: аллергия на арахис
- Spanish: alergia a los cacahuates alergia al mení
- Swedish: jordnötsallergi
- Thai: อาการแพ้ถั่วลิสง
- Turkish: fıstık alerjisi
- Ukrainian: алергія на арахіс
- Vietnamese: dị ứng đậu phộng
Definition of peanut allergy from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Meme Ban, Heart Age & Collagin: September’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this September with Robert Groves.
Collins Reference Catalogue 2019
View our new 2019 reference catalogue. From dictionaries, phrasebooks, language learning, atlases and maps, general reference and puzzles, you'll be sure to find books that appeal to you.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.