Definition of 'peanut allergy'
Translations for 'peanut allergy'
British English: peanut allergy /ˈpiːˌnʌt ˈælədʒɪ/ NOUN
If you have a peanut allergy, you become ill if you eat peanuts or peanut butter, or come into contact with peanuts or peanut butter.
- American English: peanut allergy
- Arabic: حَسَاسِيَةٌ تِـجَاهِ الْفُولِ الْسُودَانِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: alergia ao amendoim
- Chinese: 花生过敏
- Croatian: alergija na kikiriki
- Czech: alergie na burské oříšky
- Danish: allergi over for jordnødder
- Dutch: pinda-allergie
- European Spanish: alergia a los cacahuetes
- Finnish: maapähkinäallergia
- French: allergie à l’arachide
- German: Erdnussallergie
- Greek: αλλεργία στα φιστίκια
- Italian: allergia alla frutta secca in guscio
- Japanese: ピーナッツアレルギー
- Korean: 땅콩 알레르기
- Norwegian: peanøttallergi
- Polish: uczulenie na orzechy ziemne
- European Portuguese: alergia ao amendoim
- Romanian: alergie la alune
- Russian: аллергия на арахис
- Spanish: alergia a los cacahuates alergia al mení
- Swedish: jordnötsallergi
- Thai: อาการแพ้ถั่วลิสง
- Turkish: fıstık alerjisi
- Ukrainian: алергія на арахіс
- Vietnamese: dị ứng đậu phộng
Definition of peanut allergy from the Collins English Dictionary
Collins Dictionaries for Schools
Our new online dictionaries for schools provide a safe and appropriate environment for children. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom.
Unlock language with the Paul Noble method
No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Your chance to have a one-to-one lesson with best-selling language expert Paul Noble, try a FREE audio sample of his brand new Mandarin Chinese course.
13th edition of the Collins Dictionary out now!
Updated with all the very latest new words and senses, this new 13th edition is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. #homeoflivingenglish
We have almost 200 lists of words from topics as varied as types of butterflies, jackets, currencies, vegetables and knots! Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge!
Rainbow Tree, Asymmetric Wreath, and Period Poverty: November’s Words in the News
Catch up on the latest words in the news this November with Robert Groves.
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.